Wednesday, September 9, 2009

This Is My Life...Really?

Alas, it's blogging day for me today. I'm not in a very good mood, unfortunately. Perhaps I should fill you in on why...

Yesterday, my hubby had his first appointment at the rheumatologist for his arthritis. We had to be there at 8:30 am. There was about a 45 minute drive, so we had to be out of the house around 7:30.

One consultation, x-rays, bloodwork, and 3 hours later, we were finally free of the dimly lit interior to be greeted by an ominous looking sky. Deciding to get gas, I pulled into the station to do so. As soon as I pressed the trigger, the hose to the pump cracked and started spewing gasoline all over the ground - and my feet. Me and the other customers started screaming at the attendant to turn off the pump, which he finally did, just as the rain began it's torrential downpour.

So, I'm slipping and sliding all over the place, smelling like gasoline, water dripping off my nose, and I still need gas in my car. Wonderful.

I have to be at work at 2, so there's no time for a trip home to change, since that will take another hour at least round trip, and we need to eat lunch at some point.

I finally get the gas and we go the nearest Wal-Mart to buy me a new pair of shoes. I have a dress code at work, a very particular dress code, so I can't just get any pair of shoes, so it takes a little while. After the unplanned shoe shopping trip, we finally grab some lunch before I drop the hubby off at work, then get to my own job.

It was a hell night, so I didn't get out of work until about 10:20. After snatching the hubby, we made it home around 11:15. We were pooped.

So today, I slept late, since I'm off, but had to run a few errands. One was going to the post office to pick up registered mail that we were not home to receive. Curious, I opened the envelope to see what it was.

It was a summons. Me and the hubby are being sued by a horse farm in Tennessee for back payment on boarding fees for a horse.

We don't own a horse. We have NEVER owned a horse.

We called the courthouse to get more info. If we do not settle or appear at the hearing, a judgment can be entered for the amount (a little over $18,000.00).

So it seems we will be possibly having to retain the services of a lawyer to prove that we don't own the horse in question. We are waiting to hear back from one.

I don't even know what to think at this point.

I think I need a vacation from reality for awhile...

No comments: